SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 19 October 2017

Just Add Ink #382 - Colour Challenge

Hello Crafty Friends

Hope your day is going well. It’s Friday!!! Wahoooo! Which means it’s challenge time at Just Add Ink! This week we have a colour challenge - Fresh Fig, Smoky Slate, Black & White. 

Now, I thought this was going to be an easy challenge but honestly, I struggled immensely. I think I just overthought it as I had an idea in my head, but couldn’t pull it together with any stamping so went with my safety net of die cuts and heat embossing. 

https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/10/just-add-ink-382colour.html

I must make a confession. I initially used the wrong grey. And here I was thinking yay I’m ahead of my schedule - took the photos for my blog post, just about ready to upload to the Design Teams album and dun dun dun...I noticed I used the wrong grey!!!! Gah! 

I was able to rescue some parts of the card without having to redo it. The layer on the card base couldn’t be rectified so just tell your eyes to tell your brain that’s it’s Smoky Slate not Basic Grey! 


The background has been embossed with the Sweetheart EF. The sentiments have been gold heat embossed and tucked in between a layer of Fresh Fig and White White Card. The stitched rectangle has been created using the largest square from the stitched shapes Framelits, by extending the die cut. 

A vellum circle was also cut using the stitche shaped Framelits. This was tucked behind the Lamppost which was created using the Christmas Lamppost Thinlits with Black and Gold Foil Card. 



The roses were created from Fresh Fig card using a Thinlit from the Paisley and Posies Bundle.  Slightly mist the die cut and roll the card into a flower shape, let dry then adhere tombow. The leaves were die cut in Smoky Slate Card from the same Thinlit set. 

The Design Team over at Just Add Ink have shared some absolutely beautiful creations using this weeks challenge colours - be sure to check them all out here.  We would love for you to join us and play along, create a card using the challenge colours and share it with us on the Just Add Ink.

Until next time, stay crafty
 


6 comments :

  1. Beautiful! This is such an elegant and pretty card Jack, l love those dainty roses. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, those roses are amazing! So tiny! I had to laugh at you using the wrong grey - I had in my head that the colour was Berry Burst. Luckily I double checked before I started making my card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 'Wow' is a great way to start Jackie. I just love the layers and layers of details you put into this, especially the gold foil in the lamp - the gleam is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that does not look like the result of a creative struggle! So much to love on one card. The vellum 'light glow' and the tabs for the sentiments are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would have no idea that you struggled with the colours, Jackie. It's such a beautifully creative layout, with lots of lovely elements to explore. Who'd have thought a lamp-post could look so pretty & elegant. Lovely!
    Di

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Does not look like a struggle at all! The more I look at your card, the more detail I see.....love it. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx