SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 16 November 2017

Just Add Ink #386 - Just Add R

Good Day Crafty Friends

Happy Friday! Its challenge time over at Just Add Ink, and this week Tina has asked we Just Add "R". I love letter based challenges as the choices are limited to your imagination. I instantly thought Real Red or Rich Razzleberry with some Ribbon, but as you will see from my card, I ended up creating something that none of these elements.

Image may contain: text


As I am still in Christmas Card mode, I finally decided to add Reindeers for my "R" element. I had a piece of shimmery white card that had been water coloured with Lemon Lime Twist and Tempting Turquoise inks, just laying around from a previous project I opted not to use. I often make multiple backgrounds especially when water colouring or using embossing paste, as I am too lazy to do just one at a time - its the setting up and unpacking!
 
I like to work in a clean crafty space, and cannot leave these things out, cramping my style lol Its the same when using my sewing machine, I do multiple card fronts then pack the machine away. I think its time for more counter space in my crafty space, so I can have stations for each technique - wouldn't that be awesome!! A station for the Big Shot, Sewing Machine, Sponging/Water Colouring, Heat Embossing, Silhouette/Printer/Laminator.....Hubby says "keep dreaming" Gah!!
 
I will win one day soon lol My crafty space is on a Mezzanine level which also acts as a second lounge and has a portion for a desk with the computer. We watch tele up here in Winter as its easier to heat the Mezzanine level than the whole two storey house. Ive only been a demo for close to two years and my crafty space has encroached more and more into the lounge space.

No automatic alt text available.

The water coloured card was cut using the reindeer die from Santa's Sleigh bundle. These die cuts were adhered to a whisper white card front which has a layer of vellum over the top. This was adhered to a layer of Sahara Sand which was then wrapped in Neutral Twine, before adhering to another layer of whisper white.
 
A stitched oval was cut from whisper white card and then a Sahara Sand reindeer adhered to the right. I then stamped the top part of the sentiment from Merry Patterns in Crumb Cake ink. The "season" portion of the sentiment was stamped on a scrap piece in Soft Sky and Sahara Sand inks, fussy cut and then adhered to the stitched oval.
 
A Soft Sky snowflake die cut using the Colourful Seasons Bundle, was attached to the twine with the Merry Christmas sentiment stamped in Sahara sand attached to the snowflake.
 
This card has been addressed ready to send to one of the Design Team members - the lovely, talented and extremely supportive, Kelly Kent. Just waiting on a visit to the Post Shop, Kelly xx
 
I hope you can join us at Just Add Ink for this weeks challenge - Just Add "R". The Design Team have created some stunning cards to inspire you, be sure to check them all out here
Until next time, stay awesome

4 comments :

  1. Love it! Such a clever way to use left over watercoloured pieces Jackie. Love the soft effect with the vellum. Keep dreaming girl! Santa may bring you a craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever and creative Jackie...love it! The vellum layer gives such a lovely effect. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pops of reindeer colour peeking through the vellum Jackie, such a fun whimsical card for the Christmas season! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you've made the reindeer background and then muted it with vellum, makes the sentiment pop off the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx