SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 23 November 2017

Just Add Ink #387 - Colour Combination

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Hope you are having a great day and managed to squeeze in some crafting time. Its challenge time over at Just Add Ink, and this week Nikki has provided us with a delicious colour combination for you to play along with.
 
Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White. Instantly conjures thoughts of traditional Christmas for me - which I don't do well. But its a challenge, right? So I gave it my best shot and I actually liked some of my creations! Lol

https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/11/just-add-ink-387colour.html


We would love for you to join us. Just create a card using the colours in the swatch above and submit your entry here.  While you are there be sure to check out the inspiring cards the Design Team have created.

I ended up making three cards.....again. One was an absolute boo boo as I used the wrong shade of green. The second I wasn't overly happy with so submitted the third, which is the card below.



Just Add Ink is a fabulous challenge blog as it doesn't restrict you to certain brands/products. Although, I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I enjoy stamping and love other companies products - some of my favourites being, My Favourite Things, Lawn Fawn and Altenew. I hardly buy these brands anymore but cant resit using sets I already own.

The next card uses all SU products. This was my 'bugga, wrong colour' card. I was being a tad lazy and picked up the base which I had already adhered the Old Olive DSP left over from a previous round of projects. It wasn't until I had used the new Stampin' Up! blends did I click that I wasn't supposed to be using Old Olive at all - gah moment. No loss though, I like the card and will send it to someone.



The third card uses small Christmas themed stamps to create the background. These were then coloured using Stampin' write markers. I die cut the card front using my new Paper Roses Rectangle Stitched dies (thanks Chloe and Kelly - I love them!). This was adhered to a black layer and then attached to the card base. The sentiment from the Brightly Lit Bundle was heat embossed in white on black card stock. To finish off the card I added few little pretty extra's (love those gold clips)

 
Hope you are inspired to play along with us.  Cant wait to see all this weeks amazing entries.
 
Until next time, stay crafty
 
 

4 comments :

  1. They are all fabulous, but I do especially love the ice skating polar bear - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh how cute is that polar bear! Gorgeous colouring Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine, Jackie! All 3 - and that polar bear is the cutest thing on his little ice skates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Jackie - I am loving my bear and feel very lucky to have one of your creations on my shelf! Merry Christmas! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx