SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 15 February 2018

Just Add Ink #396 - Add A Sketch

Hello Crafty Friends,

Hope you are having a fabulous day, mine was marvellously productive, both in and out of the craft room. I managed to smash out a few challenge cards while ticking off lists of recipients deserving a handmade card. Win-Win.
 
Speaking of challenges, it’s challenge time over at Just Add Ink and this week we have a fun sketch to play along with.


Image may contain: text

My daughter and her friends had recently received their University Acceptance notifications, so I needed to make a few cards that were easy and fast to replicate. I am so excited for them all, with Orientation for most of them starting next week (This extra lucky Mum has even been invited to hang with said daughter on  Day2!!!)
 
Anywho, onto my card lol




I have used a Whisper White card base then added a layer of Lemon Lime Twist. Using the Diagonal Stripe Background Stamp, I have applied Black Momento ink and stamped onto Whisper White card. Before adhering diagonal background to the Lemon Lime layer - I wrapped some white bakers twine around the bottom.
 
The next layer of whisper white card has been stamped with a splatter stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set using Black Momento Ink. The Petal Palette bouquet image was also stamped in the centre of the panel and then again on some scrap whisper white.
 
The base leaves have been coloured using a Lemon Lime Twist colouring pencil. The Flowers (stamped on scrap) were coloured using So Saffron and the Colour Lifter Stampin' Blends. The coloured flowers were fussy cut ( I don't have the die's......yet) and placed over the stamped image using mini dimensionals.
 
To finish off the card I added a sentiment from the Colour Me Happy Stamp Set, white heat embossed on So Saffron Card.
 
I hope you get time to play along with us this week. You can add your card to the gallery here. Also, be sure to check out all the stunning and amazing creations the Design Team have made.
 
Until next time, stay crafty
 
 
 








5 comments :

  1. So pretty, so on trend right now. Your creativity is endless! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just blowing me away with your fabulous creations each week Jackie. I adore the bold and graphic style of this one, just perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Jackie as always! I love your mix of colours and your balance of colours and pairing with the black and white stripes is such a striking design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh, this has some of my favourite things Jackie! Just love the flowers especially mixed with the bold B&W stripes - just fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Jackie! I love all of the black and white with the pops of colour - so effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx