SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 8 March 2018

Just Add Ink #399 - Add Water

Good Day Crafty Friends,
 
Happy Friday! Friday means its challenge time at Just Add Ink (insert smiley face) This week's challenge is "Just Add Water".
 
I instantly thought water colouring, as its my favourite way to colour.  Then,  I looked at my stamp sets and the Magical Mermaid spoke to me.

https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2018/03/just-add-ink-399just-add-water.html
 
I really love this stamp set and haven't used it nearly as much as it justifies. For my card, I wanted to keep to a watery colour combination so grabbed a few blue toned ink pads - Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point.
 

I created a quick stencil using different sized circle punches and dies. On Whisper White Card Stock, the blue toned inks were randomly sponged through the stencil, resembling bubbles. I also sponged some circles onto a piece of scrap Whisper White Card Stock and die cut a Stitched Circle.
 
The Mermaid was coloured using all the Blue Tones from the Stampin' Blends range with a tad So Saffron for her hair. She was fussy cut and adhered to the stitched circle with dimensionals. A few clouds were sponged on the edges and added under her tail.
 
To finish the card, some Tempting Turquoise Bakers Twine was wrapped around the card front before adding the sentiment banner and a few Tempting Turquoise flowers with rhinestone centres.
 
The Just Add Ink Design Team have created some gorgeous cards to share using this weeks Just Add Water Challenge, be sure to check them out.
 
We would love you to play along with us, you can add your card to the gallery here.
 
Until next time, stay crafty
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments :

  1. Gorgeous card Jackie! Loving the layers and dimension you've added. Your mermaid is perfect too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just sooooo gorgeous!!! Everything about is adorable...I need this stamp set, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing I thought of when I saw this was dreamy Jackie. I love your bubble background and how she is floating on the clouds! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the way you've coloured your mermaid - especially the scales on her tail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so beautiful, Jackie. I love that everything's in blue tones, which gives the card a really dreamy look.
    D :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx