SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 21 September 2017

Just Add Ink #378 - Add Texture

Hello Crafty Friends,

Happy Friday! It's challenge time at Just Add Ink. This week we are playing along with texture. 


https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/09/just-add-ink-378texture.html

So many choices to chose from: Embossing, Debossing, Embossing Paste, Scoring, Fabrics, Ribbons, the list goes on. For my card I chose to add a slight touch of texture in the form of feathers


The card base is a piece of Foil Frenzy DSP, in Berry Burst. It's reasonably thick and makes a great base, especially with layers inside and out. 

On a piece of Shimmery White card, I splashed some Powder Pink ink (say that ten times really fast)with an Aqua Painter.  Then, heat embossed gold splatters, created using a small stamp from Timeless Textures. 

Using the Fabulous Flamingo stamp set, I inked the Flamingo in Melon Mambo - stamping off first for the interior stamp to ensure the outline stamped darker.  I attached the feather using strips of double sided adhesive. 


The sentiment from the same stamp set was heat embossed in gold on Berry Burst card. Strips of gold glimmer card were tucked underneath the sentiment, adhered with tombow. 

A layer of Berry Burst has been adhered to the card front on an angle and then the Shimmery White card front adhered on opposing angle. The sentiment strip was adhered with dimensionals. 

It's so sparkly, fluffy,  pink and gold, I just know the lass it's been made for will adore it. 

My fellow Design Team members have created some stunning cards using texture for this weeks challenge. Be sure to check them out here . We would love for you to join us and play along. You have until Wednesday to create and submit your card. 

Until next time, stay crafty 
 
 

3 comments :

  1. If I were a flamingo this is how I would want to look - stylish, fluffy and pretty! So many gorgeous elements Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is a cuteness overload Jackie!! I simply adore your gorgeous feathered flamingo and the layers of shiny pink and gold compliment it so perfectly. Stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is a crazy fun pink fluffy creation Jackie! Just love your idea of adding feathers to the flamingo and accenting it with lots of hints of gold. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx