SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 2 August 2018

Just Add Ink #420 Inspiration

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Welcome to Just Add Ink Challenge #420. This week we have a gorgeous inspiration picture to play along with. Such a vibrant and colourful image, there are so many stunning colours that maybe the inspiration behind your creation, or maybe the large flower. Whatever the inspiration, we would love for you join us.

Image may contain: flower and text


I originally was going to create a brightly coloured floral card but when I looked at all the floral stamp sets I own I just wasn't feeling it. Instead I chose to pick a couple of my favourite colours from the image and "stamp" them using my ink pads and acrylic blocks. Such a simple technique but I do love the results for the minimal effort.

Using the "H" Block, I simply pressed it flat onto the ink pad, spritz with water and pressed the block onto Water Colour cardstock. You can see your ink smooshing through the block - so fun!! 

Colours used were: Melon Mambo, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Coastal Cabana and Lemon Lime Twist. 

Once dry, I took to the water colour card with my trimmer and sliced a small portion off. Then using foam strips I adhered the coloured card to a layer of Whisper White card, leaving a small gap between the two coloured pieces. 

The whisper white then has a black layer before adhering to the card base. The 'amazing' has been die cut from black card and adhered with tombow. A portion of a sentiment from Postcard Pals has been white heat embossed on black card and adhered above the die cut word with mini dimensionals.

Be sure to stop by all the Just Add Ink Design Team members blogs for more inspiration using this weeks challenge colours. We would love for you and your crafty friends to play along, if you have a blog you can add your card to the Just Add Ink gallery here. Don't have your own blog? No problem! Just send us an email to just-add-ink@hotmail.com with a photo attachment. We'll upload it to our challenge entry blog.

Until next time, stay awesome, stay organised and stay crafty



























2 comments :

  1. Very cool, Jackie! I'd wondered how you got the stripe so neat - great tip! The gap in the front looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's a bit special! Thanks for sharing how you did it!!! Fabulous layout too! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx