SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 30 August 2017

Brightly Lit Lamppost & Ready For Christmas

Hello Crafty Friends,

Hope you are having a fabulous day. It's been a busy day in the crafting studio. I have had over ten cards "in progress", spread over my counter for weeks. I finally ran out of room to start a new project, so was "forced" to finally put these cards together. 

I love Christmas and love Christmas cards in non-traditional red and greens. My Christmas tree is white. We decorate it in bright, bold colours like Hot Pink, Turquoise and Lime Green.  It probably has something to do with Christmas being in the middle of summer here in Australia. Its Beach and BBQ time, making it hard to relate to a wintery Christmas with snow, snowflakes, sweaters and scarves. But I do dream of having one white Christmas.

stampin up christmas cards, brightly lit bundle, ready for christmas


Today's cards use the Lamppost Thinlit from the new Brightly Lit Bundle. I have also used the little sausage dog and presents from the new Ready for Christmas stamp set, sentiment from Santa Paws, hat, boot and mittens from the Santa Suit Bundle.


stampin up, ready for christmas, brightly lit bundle, christmas cards

Starting with a piece of Glossy White card stock, I masked the bottom and left hand side to create a frame, then sponged some Powder Pink and Daffodil Delight. The little dog, presents, boots and Santa hat were stamped in Black Momento ink and coloured using the Subtle's Stampin' Write Markers.

The lamppost was die cut in black card and the lantern backed with gold foil. The sentiment was stamped onto Powder Pink card and cut down slightly so it had a border when adhered to the die cut banner.


The second card has a Sahara Sand card base with a layer of Soft Sky. The Soft Sky card has been embossed with the Softy Falling EF. The snow banks were made by tearing some whisper white card  and then sewn to the embossed Soft Sky card. I then adhered this to the card base with tombow.

stampin up, brightly lit, ready for christmas, christmas card

I freakin' love this sentiment! Every time I stamp it, I sing it lol.  The lamppost was again cut from black card and backed with gold foil. The little dog was adhered with mini dimensionals.

The mittens were made using the Santa Suit Bundle. Two sets of mittens were cut and coloured using Stampin' Write Markers and adhered with a mini dimensional.
Thanks for visiting my blog today. Until next time, stay crafty








Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx