SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Global Design Project #100 - Santa Paws






Good Day Crafty Friends,

Hope you are having a fabulous day. I am sharing a card today that uses a new stamp set from the Holiday Catalogue, which is available September 1st. The stamp set is called Santa Paws, and I am guessing by the name you can tell what the stamp set includes - Santa Dogs! I was thinking I would just place santa hats on other animal stamp sets I have but alas, the stamp fairies at Stampin'Up! have saved the day.

http://www.global-design-project.com/2017/08/global-design-project-100-case-designer.html


I am entering this card into the Global Design Project 100th Challenge. I have followed and admired the DT and participants creations for a while now. This week not only celebrates their 100th challenge, its also structured a little differently from the normal GDP. You can choose which designer to case and if you are the lucky winner, the Designer you chose to case will send you that card!!!!! Problem is, they are all so talented and I loved all the inspiration cards the Design Team showcased - see them here.






I chose to case Allison Okamitsu's card. I loved the soft colours with Christmas theme. If you are not familiar with Allison's work, I recommend you check it out - click here.  Being a huge fan of non-traditional Christmas decorations, I chose to case the pink and Christmas elements of Allison's card using the Santa Paws Stamp Set.





The image was stamped onto Shimmery White card in versamark and heat embossed in gold. I then used an aqua painter (water barrel removed) with Powder Pink, Pool Party, Smoky Slate and Sahara Sand inks to colour the image. I also heat embossed the sentiment in gold on a vellum strip the length of the card front.






The card front was mounted to layers of Powder Pink and Gold Foil card before applying a layer of fun foam for added dimension. This was then adhered to the card base which was Powder Pink card with DSP attached.







A few gold embellishments - yep just a few - can you tell I have a crush on gold at present. Almost every card I have made in the past few days has had touches of gold somewhere!
 
There are already some amazing entries into GDP#100, but also loads of time to create something and play along. Cant wait to see who wins their chosen cased card - imagine receiving a card all the way from Canada! (That's where my chosen Designer resides).
 
Until next time, stay awesome






2 comments :

  1. How sweet is this card, Jackie!? I can see how Allison's card inspired you in so many great ways. I love the soft, sweet colors you used with this set - such a fresh perspective! Thank you so much for helping us to celebrate the 100th challenge of the Global Design Project! I'm glad you played along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment, Brian. Congrats to you and the GDP team on your amazing milestone.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments xx