SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 14 September 2017

Just Add Ink #377 - Just Add Colour Combo

Hello Crafty Friends,

Hope your day is going well. Its starting to warm up ever so slightly in Perth. Yipee! I had warm sunshine on my crafting table this morning, which was a first in a long time. It will be a short window of perhaps a month, before I will have to start drawing the blinds to work at my counter - Perth sun is a killer on my ink pads and cardstock. If I leave an unfinished project untouched for a few days, the sun will bleach my card stock and colouring. 

Anywho, enough waffling! Its challenge time over at Just Add Ink, and this week Rochelle has chosen a stunning colour combination to inspire you


https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/09/just-add-ink-377colour.html

I have beach towels, tea towels, table cloths, outdoor cushions and a hammock with stripes in these colours! Great clean and crisp colours for summer décor and anything poolside. I instantly thought nautical but  I chose to make a Christmas card using lots of white to ensure the challenge colours popped.



I started by making a band with strips of Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party and Dapper Denim.  I then cut this down the middle and adhered to either side of the card base. I flipped the direction of one side so there was more interest opposed to making them the same on each side. 

Next I stamped some floral images using all three colours onto some whisper white card. From this I cut three snowflakes using the colourful seasons Thinlits and adhered directly to the card base using tombow.



I also cut a house from a strip of whisper white card, that had been die cut using the Hometown Greetings Edgelits. Some dazzling diamonds glimmer card was placed behind the house. (I must say the glimmer paper looks amazing in the light of the computer and my dimly lit crafty space, compared to direct sunlight - which is almost blinding!) The deer from Santa's Sleigh Bundle has also been cut from dazzling diamonds glimmer card.


The sentiment has been heat embossed in white on Dapper Denim card. Lemon Lime Twist and Pool Party strips were tucked behind. A band of vellum has been laid over the snowflakes and then everything adhered with Tombow. The deer and sentiment were raised with dimensionals.

I can see myself making loads of Christmas cards with this fabulous colour combination. I just love it! Why not join us at Just Add Ink and play along. Don't forget to check out the talented Design Team's amazing creations!

 
Until next time, stay awesome





6 comments :

  1. I can relate to all that good sunshine coming in & ruining my craft supplies. We have very large north facing windows & until the summer sun sits higher I have to keep my blinds down too...although we've had all those windows tinted now so will be interesting to see how that goes.

    Gorgeous card, Jackie. I enjoyed reading the breakdown of how you created it. Such a great idea to create the background with strips of c/s, it really does add a punch to your otherwise white Christmas card. Love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jackie, so many small details all put together for a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Jackie, this is stunning! The clever use of white to balance out the challenge colours has really made this card *POP* 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jackie! I absolutely love how you created your winter scene - so elegant in white - and your stripes and alternating them is so clever and creative too. I'd love to Case this :-)xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindblowingly amazing Jackie!! I can see how glittery it is in the photo so I can only imagine how gorgeous it is in real life. Totally in love and see a CASE in my near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jackie. I love the white texture & details with the pops of colour. Love it! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx