SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 14 September 2017

Global Design Project #104 - Case the Designer

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Hope you are having a fantastic day. Its been hectic crazy in my neck of the woods of late. With this being my daughters final year at high school we have been busy with Year 12 stuff like balls and graduation preparations.

I have finally caught up on things (for now lol) and have had a chance to create a card to enter into this weeks Global Design Challenge!! Wahoooo! This weeks challenge is case the designer with a stunning creation by Allison Okamitsu.

http://www.global-design-project.com/2017/09/global-design-project-104-case-designer.html
 
I don't have the Lovely Inside and Out bundle...yet, it's on my list for October! So this required me to put my dazzling pink brainstorming hat on and think outside the square. I love the repetitive stamped background Allison has created so decided to start there. I used the sentiment from the hostess set In The City, inked in Powder Pink on whisper white card.




I also chose to give my card a similar layout to Allison's substituting the die cut word with a cheeky looking Toucan on a Swing! 
 
The Toucan and Floral images from the Good Vibes stamp set have been water coloured and fussy cut. The circle was cut using the Layering Circles Framelits. A panel of Whisper White card was sponged in Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise, splattered with water using a paint brush and placed behind the card front cut out. 



 
I snipped the tips off the ends of a toothpick and secured some Black & White Bakers Twine for the swing.  A rhinestone jewel was added to the Toucan's head flower and a greeting from the Perfect Days Memories & More card pack was adhered with dimensionals.

EDITED 21/9/2017 - My card was selected as a Winner!!!
Wahoooooooooooooo!
 

Until next time, stay crafty










3 comments :

  1. What an absolutely adorable card, Jackie! So many elements pulled together perfectly. Thanks for playing along with this week's GDP challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wa-wa-wa-WOW! This card blows my mind (like most of your cards do). Fantastic card Jackie!
    -Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This card is amazing! I just love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx