SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 26 October 2017

Just Add Ink #383 - Cake!!!

Hello crafty friends,

Hope your day is going well. The teen kindly reminded me today, that it was only 2 months until Christmas! Seriously?! How did that happen? My Mum is flying over from NZ for the first time in five years, to spend Christmas with us. I had planned to make so many decorations - so far, I've completed nudda - nought - nil!! I have at least started some Christmas shopping (the part I dislike the most) and not wrapped a thing (normally, the thing I enjoy the most about Christmas) Fingers crossed as we move into November, I will embrace the Chrissy spirit and smash out all my planned creations.

https://just-add-ink.blogspot.com/2017/10/just-add-ink-383just-add-cake.html

Its challenge time over at Just Add Ink. This week, Chloe has asked that we Just Add Cake. Yep CAKE!! Such a fun theme! Who doesn't love cake. And oh my....you have got to see all the fabulous creations the JAI Design Team have shared. Browsing through the gallery made me hungry for CAAAKKKKKEEEE!!!!!

As usual I made two cards for this challenge....well, actually I made three but the third got binned due to it resembling something a cat would vomit up!
 
Both cards use a stamp set that came with a craft magazine. I cannot recall the publication, as I biffed it soon after. Should have thrown the stamps too, they are poor quality but I just adore the food cart!!
 
The first card has an embossing paste brick wall background. The chef, cart and cakes were coloured using my new Stampin' Up! Blends. The chef is from the Birthday Delivery set and the birthday sentiment from the At Home with You stamp set.

 
This card has used the same freebie set, stamped multiple times on two lines, to replicate a cake shop window. The Powder Pink awning was created using the scalloped edge die from the Colourful Seasons bundle. Again the images were coloured using my new alcohol Blends. For something different I stamped the sentiment multiple times and adhered with mini dimensionals across the front panel.
 
For more amazing cake inspiration, check the fun, almost edible and adorable DT creations here. Until next time, stay awesome
 

7 comments :

  1. How super exciting that your mum is coming for Christmas! I get the stress of it all though...it just creeps up & there's always so much to do so that we get to enjoy a day 'off' to be with family, eat & be merry. I have confidence in you getting it all sorted. I too have done my main Christmas shopping (not entirely sure how that happened tbh), so just some stocking fillers now, all the handmade crafty stuff & wrapping to go....oh & I'm yet to make a start on my Christmas cards :(

    Both of your cards are so super cute, Jackie. Poor quality stamps or not, you've done them justice. Who doesn't love a cart (or window for that matter) full of delicious cake? It's right up my alley! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that was a novel ^ ooops. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love both Jackie! Who could resist a food cart piled high with cakes like that and I would put fingerprints all over that shop window for sure!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card!!! That cart combined with the Birthday chef is stunning. The whole team set the bar very high this week, but I think yours was tops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards Jackie! I love the cart and all the pretty colouring details and such a cute chef! And your window of cakes looks totally delicious too. You have totally aced this challenge 😊xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up Jackie! You are your biggest critic!!! I always love your gorgeous work including your magic with the 'poor quality' cake cart. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! I don't know which card I like more - or which one makes me drool more!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx