SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 7 February 2019

Just Add Ink #443 - Just Choose Two

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Welcome to this weeks Just Add Ink Challenge #443 - Just Choose Two. Jan has provided this weeks choice of Embossing Paste, Colouring and Sequins. When I first saw this challenge pop up I thought ohhhh yes, I haven't pulled out the embossing paste for a long time - a little too long it appears lol perhaps I hadn't sealed it properly, but the contents were dry and I couldn't be bothered rescuing what little remained. So, like I normally do when things are not co operating with me in the crafty space, I packed a huff and took the dogs for a walk down the beach - completely forgetting about the challenge until Tuesday this week.

Image may contain: text

So Tuesday rocks around, I go into panic mode as I realised I didn't actually create anything during the crafty session I had planned to create a few Design Team projects, I quickly glance at the challenge theme and off I go. When I go to upload the photo of my card to the Just Add Ink Design Team Album I realise I have looked at the wrong weeks challenge - duh!!!

A quick return to the craft room to whip up the heat embossed and water coloured flowers saw me able to make this weeks deadline. And here is my 'omg don't leave it until the last minute card"

Supplies: Whisper White Card, Silver Foil Card, Floral Romance DSP,  Well Written Framelits, Be Mine Stitched Framelit Dies, Tea Together Stamp Set, Metallic Sequins
My hairdresser recently married her main squeeze in what I imagined was a tranquil setting on a stunning summer day. I created a card to take with me to my appointment to celebrate their union and because she is just a lovely lady whose job it is to make everyone that walks out of her home salon feels and look amazing. I cant make her look amazing but hopefully a card can generate some warm fuzzies.


I totally adore the vellum sheets that come in the Floral Romance DSP Pack. They are both stunning designs with soft delicate hues, one has a lace pattern the other a botanical theme. Today's card uses the pretty pink lace pattern DSP.

The Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder provides the perfect base for this card, it is so detailed with texture I think it maybe going to be one of those that I never tire of. The many die cut hearts have been made using the Be Mine Stitched Framelit Dies, with the detailed framelit being cut from Silver Foil Card.

Supplies: Whisper White Card, Silver Foil Card, Floral Romance DSP,  Well Written Framelits, Be Mine Stitched Framelit Dies, Tea Together Stamp Set, Metallic Sequins

As mentioned above, the late additions to the card were the silver heat embossed floral images from the Tea Together Stamp Set. I added some water colouring with Powder Pink, Blushing Bride and Soft Sea Foam inks.

To finish the card, I die cut the word "love" from Silver Foil card and then stacked it on top of three whisper white die cuts for dimension and so that it did not have that cheap sticker look to it lol. A few Silver Sequins were added to coordinate with the crop-a-dile eyelets punched into the hearts.

Be sure to stop by all the Just Add Ink Design Team members blogs for more inspiration using this weeks Just Add Ink Inspiration photo.

We would love for you and your crafty friends to play along, if you have a blog you can add your creation to the Just Add Ink gallery here. Don't have your own blog? No problem! Just send us an email  to  just-add-ink@hotmail.com with a photo attachment. We will upload it to our challenge entry blog for you.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Until next time stay awesome and stay crafty.





You can find all the products used to create today's love/wedding card in the list below

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$159.00
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00

1 comment :

  1. Gorgeous card, Jackie - perfect for a wedding! I wish my last minute cards looked as good as this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx