SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 18 February 2019

Painted Seasons Framed Raised Die Cuts

Good Day Crafty Friends,

How is your week going so far? We are in the middle of some pretty crazy weather here in Western Australia. What is normally predictable summer weather at this time of the year, we are having high 30's one day, dropping down to low 20's the next and it been so dang windy!!

The wind drives me batty lol I can handle the rain (when it does rain here) and the cold but the wind is just another level. I should be thankful that the wind we are experimenting currently is a hot temperature and not freezing like it is in some parts of America. That polar blast thingy looks brrrrrrr lol

I have two cards to share today. Both were created from one card front and is a technique I saw  Jennifer McGuire show on her blog. The magic tool needed for these raised die cut cards is Glad Press n Seal - Saran Wrap. This stuff is so hard to get here in Western Australia, I have had to ask family to send it to me from New Zealand. My Mums visit last Christmas saw her arrive with four rolls of it which I added to the rolls my Mother has brought over the previous June. I have a nice little stash now lol.

Floating Die Cuts, Stampin' Up!, Painted Seasons, Sale-a-Bration 2019, Artisan Design Team 2019, Well Written Framelits,

To start, I stamped the images using the Succulent image from the Painted Seasons Stamp Set. The Disinktive Stamps are a new type of stamp from Stampin' Up! which produce the most stunning images. Todays cards have been stamped in Highland Heather, Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green.

After stamping a few of the succulents and leaves, these were then die cut using the coordinating framelits. Next, lay all the die cut images onto a card front. Do not glue anything down!!! Now take a piece of Press n Seal, lay it over the nicely laid out images, trying not to move anything.

Using the Stitched Rectangle Framelit Dies, I ran the card front through the big shot (press n seal still attached) to create the 'frame' or negative, which incidentally creates the centerpiece for another card.

Floating Die Cuts, Stampin' Up!, Painted Seasons, Sale-a-Bration 2019, Artisan Design Team 2019, Well Written Framelits,

Now what we want to do is have a card base ready - pref ably stamped as it easier opposed to once the die cuts have been added. Flip the press n seal 'frame" over and to the back of the images attach dimensionals. Now flip it back and attach to the card base.

TIP:
I like to add Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue on top of the dimensionals (yes every single one and I know there are alot lol) but this helps with placement, the Tombow gives you a little wiggle room and there the ability to adhere a straight frame.

Floating Die Cuts, Stampin' Up!, Painted Seasons, Sale-a-Bration 2019, Artisan Design Team 2019, Well Written Framelits,

Repeat the same process with the rectangle panel left over from creating the card above. I have simply placed mine in the centre of the card base, and then for added interest I included a thin stitched frame adhered with foam strips. A die cut thanks has been added along with a few Share What You Love Artisan Pearls.

Floating Die Cuts, Stampin' Up!, Painted Seasons, Sale-a-Bration 2019, Artisan Design Team 2019, Well Written Framelits,


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to give this technique a try with any stamp and die combos you may own. Its a fabulous way to create to unique cards from one card front.

Enjoy the rest of your week. Until next time, stay awesome and stay crafty



3 comments :

  1. Stunning and a fantastic layout idea ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! Just love these Jackie!! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Painted Seasons card Jackie! Your project has been chosen to be highlighted on my Pinterest highlights this week - https://www.kyliebertucci.com/2019/03/pinterest-highlights-featuring-painted.html
    Congrats and thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx