SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 14 April 2017

Framing Jar of Love Flowers

Good Day crafty friends and welcome to my blog.

I wanted to share a CAS (clean and simple) card with you today. I do tend to like a lot of bright white space on my cards fronts when using flowers. Plus I had an offcut of silver foil card stock that needed something done to it!


I started this card by making the frame using the layering squares Framelits. I needed to judge how big I wanted it to be on the card front so I just used the Dies for placement before deciding on which Dies to actually use. 

Next I stamped the flowers and fauna using Pink Pirouette & Sweet Sugarplum Inks for the flowers and Smoky Slate for the leaves onto Whisper White card stock. 

I used foam strips to mount the frame to a Wood Grain embossed piece of white card stock which was added to a layer of Sweet Sugarplum card stock. The foam strips are almost twice the height of the dimensionals so they really raise the frame off the card. 

I stamped the For You sentiment, also from the Jar of Love Bundle in Sweet Sugarplum before cutting a thin strip from the bottom of the card and adding a strip of Sweet Sugarplum from behind. 

I had the silver foil die cut leaf from the Botanicals Builder lying on my desk so tucked that in behind the stamped images and just for fun (or it was the bin) I added the little silver foil circle - a left over from the inside of a nut die cut lol

I have made quite a few cards using the ever so versatile Jar of Love Bundle. And look forward to making many more and sharing them with you.

Till next time, Happy Crafting xx

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx