SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 12 April 2017

More Swaps Birthday Blooms

Hello Hello
 
Welcome to my blog crafty friends.
 
I made and took a few different designs to swap at the SU April 2017 Perth Convention. I adore the Birthday Blooms stamp set and couldn't resist making a few different cards using the same stamp. To not complicate things too much for my first Onstage swapping experience I also decided to make quite a few of the cards using the Mediterranean Moments stamp set and neutral coloured cardstock.
 

 

Plus I also made 10 of these Poppin Box Cards.

 

Here is a close up of three of the cards I haven't shown on my blog previously and were only designed a few weeks prior to Onstage (the Med Moments cards I designed a few months ago and details for those cards can be found in an earlier post)
 

 

This card has a Whisper White Card base and then a layer of black and a layer of pink pirouette card stock. I have used the Happy Hearts TIEF and the Hello sentiment from Pop of Paradise. I have stamped the Birthday Blooms image using Archival Black Ink onto Shimmery White card and then water coloured using an Aqua Painter with Pink Pirouette, Old Olive and Cucumber Crush inks. I added a leaf die cut in Pink Pirouette using the Botanical Builders Framelits.
 
 

I did a few in Island Indigo and Wisteria Wonder because well not everyone loves pink like I do. The Layering Squares Framelits were used to cut the frame in Wisteria Wonder and the hole in the Whisper White card front. I adhered this with foam strips to a layer of Island Indigo that was attached to a Whisper White card base. The Birthday Blooms flower image was stamped in Archival Black ink and water coloured using an Aqua Painter with Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder and Old Olive inks. The sentiment Best Wishes is from the Bloom & Wishes stamp set and the background splashes in Island Indigo ink are made using the Timeless Textures stamps.

And then I just couldn't stop using this stamp set so made these So Saffron ones with some added stitching from the trusty sewing machine

 

I have used So Saffron, Whisper White and Sahara Sand card stock. The Sahara Sand layer was sewed using white cotton and then embossed using the Hexagons TIEF. I then sewed the doily before adding the Birthday Blooms image which was water coloured and fussy cut. I coloured using So Saffron, Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake inks. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set and was heat embossed in white powder on black card stock and tucked under the flower image.
 
And these are the swaps I brought home!

 

Omg!!!!! Cards, Card Fronts, Bookmarks, Gift Tags, Magnets, Keychains, Bags of Lollies, Chocolates, Tea Bags, Coffee, Mints, Badge, Affirmation Bottle, Scissor Charms, Tea Light Candles, Easter Eggs & Chapstick!!!! The diversity was astonishing and the talent displayed in all the creations I revived was absolutely amazing! 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx