SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 13 June 2017

Dragonfly Anniversary Wishes - JAI#363

Hello Crafty Friends

Who doesn't love dragonflies? I especially love them darting and dancing over our pool, its mesmerising. Plus, their presence in a Perth summer is a very welcome sight as they help maintain the mosquito population. 

 
 
I have a few friends who have milestone anniversaries coming up, so was quite chuffed when I saw this weeks Just Add Ink challenge #363  - Anniversary. My card entry in last weeks challenge got a special mention along with some lovely comments from the Just Add Ink Design Team!!!

http://just-add-ink.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/just-add-ink-363anniversary.html 

To a Sahara Sand card base I added a layer of Berry Burst. The Whisper White card front was stamped using the blossoms from the Colourful Season stamp set, inked in Berry Burst.

Using a piece of Shimmery White card, I sponged Berry Burst and then flicked water using a paintbrush. This was then cut using the largest oval die from the Stitched shapes Framelits and adhered over the stamped blossoms using tombow.

 

The dragonfly die cut was heat embossed in gold THREE times! It's so stunning in real life and very sturdy- almost like a wooden embellishment! I laid this on top of the oval and also heat embossed the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Words stamp set on black card stock.

Some gold metallic thread was added under the sentiment before adhering to the card front and a few gold tone jewels were applied.


 

These dragonflies are in the mail and making their way to a special set of friends who a celebrating a fabulous milestone this coming weekend.

Until next time, stay crafty
 
 
 
 

10 comments :

  1. Wow, Jackie, this is gorgeous! I adore your rich Berry background and how the shiny dragonflies pop against it! Your tiny flowers are such a beautiful detail and add a lovely softness too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The intensity of colour is just stunning Jackie and I love the molten gleam of your three time embossed dragonflies! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that about dragonflies! Love your card Jackie. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Just Add Ink challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Jackie, I really love the way you have stamped your back ground. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I think this is one of my favourite cards of all time using that die! Thanks for sharing such gorgeousness with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour combination and absolutely love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is so stunning. It's my 43rd wedding anniversary on the 29th of this month and guess what the design for my husband will be. I've only just found your blog but I'm looking forward to having a look around. Thank you so much for sharing and for giving me inspiration. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You so much for all the lovely comments. Was extremely excited and happy to win my first challenge! Again, thanks everyone x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That berry background is stunning! Thanks for the share I will have to try that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was fate to come here at this place. It really paves the way for me to want to go out more. I was fortunate enough to have seen these excellent San Francisco venues with my friends. The entire space feel warm and intimate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx