SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 20 June 2017

Happy Birthday Gorgeous - Friend

Hello Hello Crafty Friends

The wonderful thing about having a craft studio is being able to create a handmade card that is individually personalised with the recipient in mind.

I have an absolutely wonderful friend (who I met through Stampin'Up!) that drives over an hour away to craft with me. She lives up in the big smoke - Perth,  and I down in the sleepy beachside suburbs. 

Every time she visits she brings gifts - magnetic A4 sheets for my Dies - a true Crafty friend who understands my pain at not being able to purchase locally. We had a team show box swap recently and she made us all a neat little treat box. She also made the most beautiful gift bag for me for some die cuts I had requested. I suspect my lovely friend has been watching tutorials by the talented Sam Hammond - Pootles, UK SU Demo lol

 

When I sat down at my crafting counter I saw Sharon's cute gift bag and it made me think of how wonderfully generous and thoughtful she is, I knew I wanted to die cut the word friend on the card front.

Using Shimmery White Card Stock, I sponged Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay & Pacific Point. After the ink was dry I applied the images from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set with Versamark and white embossing powder.

I took some letter Dies and taped them together on the back side before running them with the sponged card front through the Big Shot.

The die cut card front was mounted to a layer of basic black card with foam strips for extra height. The sentiment is from the Paisley & Posies Bundle and was white heat embossed on Lemon Lime card backed with basic black. This was adhered to the card front with dimensionals. 
 
Until next time, stay crafty

1 comment :

Thanks so much for your comments xx