SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday 16 July 2017

Tranquil Tulips

Hello Crafty Friends

Hope you are having an enjoyable day. I decided to show one of my new stamp sets some love by inking it up and creating several cards. Tranquil Tulips is a two step photopolymer hostess stamp set, that has a few different floral and leaf images enabling you to be able to create a variety of bouquets, which is exactly what I did today - Bouquets.
 


One of my favourite creations from todays session was the above card.  Aside from a heap of stamping and fussy cutting, the card itself is any easy one to create.
 
For the Tulips, I used the smaller of the two tulips images and stamped using Sweet Sugar Plum for the base and Fresh Fig for the top layer. Stamping in a rough bouquet shape onto Whisper White card, then extra Tulips were stamped onto scraps and fussy cut so that I could fill in the empty spots on my roughly stamped bouquet. I was too lazy to mask today so this is my easy way out option, plus I like being able to raise some flowers with dimensionals to create interest.
 


Bermuda Bay ink was used for the smaller floral images and Lemon Lime Twist for the foliage.  

To a thick Whisper White card base, a layer of Powder Pink was added that had been embossed with the new Sweetheart Embossing Folder. A lace Doily was placed under the bouquet and a small amount of Powder Pink ribbon was tucked under the sentiment. I made a few different versions of this card, in a variety of colour combinations, but have to say, this cards combo of Powder Pink, Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugar Plum and Fresh Fig was a winner for me, so much so, I am going to try it out on some future card creations.
 
Until next time, stay awesome

2 comments :

  1. Love this Jackie, beautiful colours too. I haven't used my set as yet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. Cant wait to see your creations using this set x

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments xx