SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 21 March 2019

Just Add Ink #449 - Add Colour

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Welcome to this week's Just Add Ink challenge. Jo has chosen a stunning colour combination for this week's theme - Lovely Lipstick, Gorgeous Grape and Bermuda Bay. 

Image may contain: text that says "Join the challenge! Just Add Ink just-add-ink.blogspot.com Lovely Gorgeous Bermuda Lipstick Grape Bay Colour Challenge #449"

I am a fan of all three colours individually but when it came to combining them I really struggled. My Lovely Lipstick ink pad was way too juicy for the stamps I originally chose to use for this challenge. After many binned attempts I decided to go with something completely different - lots of white space with dabs of colour.

I had some embossing paste left over from my recent Technique's workshop, and before it dried up on me like my last lot, I decided to emboss a heap of Whisper White card fronts. 

I have used the large Doily die cut from the Dear Doily Bundle to create a stencil for this card, spreading plain white embossing paste over the inner portion of the die cut. Once dry, I chopped the card front down and slipped in some striped Bermuda Bay DSP - lined with a strip of Gorgeous Grape before adhering to the card base.

A stitched die cut circle has been attached with foam strips over the embossing paste and then the floral cluster image from Climbing Roses and heat embossed sentiment added to the raised circle die cut with Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive.


While I had things out on my desk, I grabbed another embossed card front and added the pieces that didn't make it onto the first card. The brick wall stencil was used to create this card front, to which, strips of Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape DSP have been added. I just adore these paper packs and really need to get more in case they don't make the next Annual Catalogue.


A few Gorgeous Grape Glitter Enamel Dots have been added to finish off the card. I am on a Birthday Card making mission this year, so have stamped the inside with a Birthday sentiment making this card 88/200. I am close to my target of 100 before June. I just need to be sure to send some before I donate them all lol.

That's all for today, crafty friends. Be sure to stop by all the Just Add Ink Design Team members blogs for more inspiration using this weeks Just Add Ink embossing challenge theme.

We would love for you and your crafty friends to play along, if you have a blog you can add your creation to the Just Add Ink gallery here. Don't have your own blog? No problem! Just send us an email  to  just-add-ink@hotmail.com with a photo attachment. We will upload it to our challenge entry blog for you.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Until next time stay awesome and stay crafty.



1 comment :

  1. Such a gorgeous card, Jackie! I love the strips of colour down the side that frame the rest of your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx