SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 28 February 2018

Colour INKspiration #28

Good Day Crafty Friends,
 
Welcome to the Colour Inkspiration Challenge #28 Blog Hop. You are visiting Jackie Aitken. If you have been following the Blog Hop, you possibly have arrived here after visiting, super talented Rose Packer. How beautiful are all the Design Teams cards! The inspiration comes from this fortnight's gorgeous colour combination  - Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sugar Plum and Lemon Lime Twist.
No automatic alt text available.

I looooove the coloured wood crate light fittings!

For my card I chose to use the Large Letter Framelits to create an extra large card. I started by sponging Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay and Sweet Sugar Plum inks onto Shimmery White Card Stock. Once I was satisfied with the ink saturation and blending, I used an Aqua Painter to splash droplets of water.


After washing my hands from the sponging (the amount of White Card Stock I have ruined with inky finger stains shall remain secret lol but I have learnt my lesson), I created the card base and card front. To create the card front, the FUN letters were stuck together with painters tape to prevent moving in the Big Shot. Die cut FUN three times. Then die cut the letters FUN from each piece of sponged card. Pop the coloured die cuts into the white frame and adhere to card base with Tombow.
 
The Birthday sentiment was stamped in Soft Suede and adhered with mini dimensionals. Then, the amazing die was cut from Silver Foil Card and adhered with Tombow.
 
To finish the card I added a little banner created with card stock using the four challenge colours.

INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as white, black, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and Metallics. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

 
Next up in the blog hop is the lovely and super creative, Lou Kitzelman.
 
 https://withabowontopbylou.blogspot.com/2018/02/colour-inkspiration-challenge-28-blog-hop.html
 
Enjoy.
 
Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, stay crafty
 

5 comments :

  1. Wow, what an amazing card!! I love the water drops on the greeting - such a stunning effect, and the multicoloured banner is a really cool idea too. Totally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is extraordinary card, just love the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this card is fun, fun, fun! I love the little banner piece using all the colors. It's all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie this is the funnest card I have seen in a long time. Bad grammar aside - I love the way you have coloured the letters and designed the rest around them. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this Jac, the pretty inlaid diecuts are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx