SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 1 February 2018

Just Add Ink Challenge #394 - Just Add Romance

Image may contain: text
Good Day Crafty Friends,

Welcome, hope you are having a fabulous day. Its challenge time over at Just Add Ink. Yipeee!!! This weeks challenge is such fabulous timing for those making Valentine's Day cards - Just Add Romance.

Image may contain: text

I made a special card for my wonderful Hubby, Daniel. He is the more proficient chef/cook/baker in our household - emphasis on baker! He makes the most wonderful Chocolate Cake, Pavlova and Slices. So for his Valentines Day card I decided he needed a "Kitchen of Love" - really I just wanted to use my Apron of Love Bundle.......again. I just love this bundle.


As you can see the card has a simple 'pop up' base, with the kitchen counter being the main pop up component.  I added an extra layer to the pop up mechanism, behind the acetate window in the oven. Silver Foil card has been placed approx. 1cm behind the oven front - attached to the kitchen counter and card base "floor". To this I added 3 heat embossed cup cakes.

 
The oven has been made using the Heart and Home Framelits - cut down with the bottom ledge reattached. Acetate has been placed behind the die cut before attaching to the kitchen counter which had an opening made with a craft knife.
 

The cooktop has been created using Silver Foil card with various dies and punches - Owl Builder, Home Sweet Home, Stitched Shapes.

 
All sentiments have been white heat embossed as well as the cupcakes, oven glove and apron pocket with flowers (tucked under the banner with "made with love" sentiment.)
 
 
The card front is also a little special. Using the large letter Framelits to spell out LOVE, replacing the O with a die cut heart.  To make it that little bit extra special I made the heart with a small shaker element. Then in a banner, the sentiment from Petal Palette was stamped, fussy cut and placed over the heart.


The Design Team have created some stunning cards to inspire you to get crafty with a Romance theme. We would love for you to join us, you can play along by adding your creation to the JAI gallery here. I can’t wait to see all the amazing cards.

Until next time, stay awesome
 
 


 

7 comments :

  1. Wow, Jackie! This is the sweetest little kithcen counter. The silver elements are so cute, right down the heart door knobs! You haven't missed a thing. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Jackie I don't even know where to start! This is just amazing - front and inside! I love every detail, and there are so many... I mean cupcakes in the oven..heart shaped door knobs....! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Wow, Wow Jackie!! This is the most amazing kitchen - with all the fabulous details!! Loving the oven you created from the fireplace die filled with cupcakes, and the stove top and shopping list....you thought of everything! And even a shaker element to the card front. So much work and I'm sure it will be treasured forever. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just WOW! This is absolutely fabulous Jackie, your details and execution are perfect! Gotta love a man that bakes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gobsmackingly fabulous! I'd love to see your hubby's face when you give it to him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been rocking this bundle Jackie. And this card is sensational!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! I'm speechless, because this card is beyond awesome! I wish you'd do a video to show us how you made it. Thanks for the inspiration! This is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx