SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 22 May 2017

Colourful Season Bundle - Branch & Flower Dies

Hello Hello

Welcome to my blog Crafty Friends

Today's cards use the new Colourful Seasons bundle. I just adore the blossoms dies for their simplicity.

My first card uses the window die from Heart & Home. I cut two and glued them together so that the long window took up most of the card front.

 

I lightly sponged the vellum behind the window with Pool Party Ink for a very subtle effect. The sentiment was stamped onto a Whisper White card front which was then attached to a Powder Pink Card Base. The card was finished off with four simple die cuts from the Seasonal Thinlits - the branch and three blossoms.

While I was making the die cuts for the card above I cut a few extra branches and blossoms to use on the card below.
 

 
I masked the edges and lightly sponged in Tempting Turquoise. I stamped the sentiment in Crumb Cake ink before attaching the branch and flower die cuts.
 
Its a very simple and elegant card but also very easy to replicate and reproduce a lot of if need be.
 


When I get a new stamp set or bundle I make an effort to create at least ten cards using my new goodies. This enables me to become familiar with how the images stamp and what the die cuts look like (and the negatives the die cuts leave behind). I find it helps my creativity as I get the immediate cards that were in my head out of the way and as I am doing this new ideas pop into my head.
 
During my first "session" with this bundle I created twelve cards and a few décor pieces which I will share in a future post. Until then, stay crafty x

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx