SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 18 July 2019

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team - July - Perennial Essence

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Welcome to the 2019 Artisan Design Team Blog Hop for July. Can you believe this crew of talented artists have been creating wonderful projects together for over six months. We have officially pass the half way mark of our amazing journey, and wowsers, what a journey its been so far! We had a challenging start with a few cancelled projects but this amazing group of talent stood up to the challenge and we nailed the new assignments every single time. I am so proud to be part of the 2019 ADT, I love these ladies and cherish the bond we have created. I will be sad when this amazing experience is over, but forever grateful for the friendships this opportunity has given me.


Enough chit chat about that before my eyes start leaking lol. Lets get onto this spectacular Blog Hop. This month the Artisan Design Team are showcasing the gorgeous Perennial Essence Suite. You can find all the stunning elements in this floral packed suite on Page 107 in the 2019 Annual Catalogue. So many pretty components in this product suite and omg the Perennial Essence DSP Pack is just amazing.  For those who want it all, you can now order all the items in a product suite with one code, the Perennial Essence Product Suite code is #152166 and includes all the items featured on Page 107.


I have to admit I was a little intimidated by this gorgeous Monet inspired Designer Series Paper (DSP). Each sheet makes for a stunning framed art decor item (which I have done in my crafty space by adding left over pieces of the DSP to plain white frames). Also, I had never seen coloured vellum so this really freaked me out lol Everything is so pretty and delicate I seriously struggled with those first cuts. But cut I did and what do you know? After a little play, I was away and managed to create a whole heap of projects.

The first card I have to share with you today has an embossed gold Foil border, framing the piece of DSP like it were a picture hung on a wall. The Whisper White Background has been embossed with the Lace 3D Embossing Folder to match the embossing on the Gold Foil Frame.  The Gold Foil and Whisper White frames were created using the Stitched Rectangle Dies. The stamped images were inked with Rococo Rose and fussy cut, with the leaves gold heat embossed on Vellum Cardstock.

The sentiment was also white heat embossed onto Vellum and die cut using the Stitched Rectangle Dies.


The second card is where I went a little cray cray with the sewing machine. I am not a sewer and only own the machine for card making purposes lol. I admire those who can sew in perfectly straight lines. 

Hint/Tip
To achieve straight lines when sewing on cards, use a ruled pencil line as your guide - thanks to Melody Hyde (Stampin' Up! Concept Artist) for this awesome tip.

Again, using the framed art concept. This frame was kept white as I found it helped the white heat embossed sentiment stand out a little more prominently. The Stitched Nested Labels Dies were used to die cut the vellum sentiment, which was added to the backside of the frame before adhering to the DSP card front. The floral images were inked with Blushing Bride and then sponged in the middle with Melon Mambo. Granny Apple Green ink was used for the leaves. The detailed white foliage pieces you can see behind the floral images in both this and the first card I shared, are actually a Memories & More Card from the Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack. The laser cut seaweed inspired M&M card was ideal for these images as the die cuts are so delicate and complimented the stamped image perfectly.


The last card in this trio is mainly created with Vellum Cardstock. Yep that base is Vellum!! The quality and thickness enables it to stand and therefore perform like a standard piece of card stock. A panel of DSP has been covered with plain vellum and then this was sewn directly onto a panel of Petal Pink Vellum from the Perennial Essence Vellum Cardstock Pack. The floral images were white heat embossed onto the same Pink Vellum and then fussy cut. Mint Macaron stamped leaves were tucked under the flowers and a white heat embossed sentiment was added to the top panel of Vellum just to the right of where the flowers are placed.


When I went back through my photographs of creations using elements from the Perennial Essence Suite, I realised I sure did make a few cards with these amazing products. I really love the floral images in this stamp set and it also turns out I used the DSP quite heavily too. Yay!! Here are a few projects for further inspiration.


This next creation I have to share is a pocket card and combines a few other products outside the suite. I wanted to show you that the Perennial Flower Punch, which is part of the Perennial Essence Suite, can be used to create these stunning 3D flowers simply by punching plain white tissue paper. 


Once you have all the layers glued together - I used small dots of Multi Purpose Glue, I popped one of the fluffy Perennial Essence Floral Centers in the middle and voila - such a pretty, delicate and realistic looking paper flower. 

The Belly Band for this Pocket Card was decorated using the  Detailed Bands Die cut from Whisper White card. The fern image from the Daisy Lane Stamp Set has been stamped in Granny Apple Green and fussy cut. The floral images on the Pocket Card insert has been inked in Daffodil Delight with Grapefruit Grove ink sponged in the centre. A Stitched Circle die cut from Granny Apple Green cardstock was adhered to the top of the card insert, then a hole punched in the centre so that some Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon could be added for the pulling mechanism.


Just in case you were still sitting on the fence with this fabulous Suite of Products, I have a few more projects to share with you (insert smiley face here) 


Okay, seriously, I hope you are still with me and I've not put you to sleep yet. Rest assured, that is all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by and hopping with us. The Artisan Design Team appreciate the time you have invested to visit our blogs. 

Up next in this months Artisan Design Team Blog Hop is super fabulous and amazingly talented Jennifer Picard with her gorgeous creations - enjoy xx



2019 Artisan Design Team Blog Roll

Jackie Aitken < that's me >

You can find the products used to create the trio of cards and Pocket Card in today's Blog Post in the supply list below. If you live in Australia, you can shop for any of these items by clicking on the images below. Happy Shopping xx


Product List
Heat Tool
[129056]
$50.00


Until next time, stay awesome and stay crafty



6 comments :


  1. Oh, there Jackie! Seriously, do you sometimes sleep or even sleep? It's amazing how many creations you present each time! I love flowers with tissue paper, they make you want to be touched! And the vellum card is just amazing! You always have an original and unique approach in your projects, it's wonderful! I like this !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I see you love the set! You made so many inspirations!
    I like the golden border and the sewn! And these flowers! An absolute eye-catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for all this wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I was on the fence with this suite, Jackie. But you make it hard to stay there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW Jackie, So many gorgeous projects ... but those tissue paper flowers are my absolute favourite!! Just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many GORGEOUS projects, so much inspirations - the tissue paper flowers are so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx