SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 27 July 2019

For the Love of Unicorns

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Are you a Unicorn fan or know someone who simply adores them? If the answer is yes, then the new stamp set - Leave A Little Sparkle is a must have. You can find this stamp set on page 136 of the Annual Catalogue.

I love whimsical images and colouring so this stamp set was right up my alley! Both of the Unicorn images in the cards I am sharing today have been coloured using Stampin' Blends, with the majority of the application going to the mane/hair.

The first card is soft and pretty with a floral image, petal pink and glimmer die cuts and sequins. Perfect for the little girly girls in your life.


Apologies for the photo's - its almost winter here in Perth and the lack of natural sunshine makes it hard to see the stunning new embossing folder I used on both creations. Trust me when I say, the Scripty Embossing Folder is absolutely gorgeous.

Both cards have used a technique called stippling, which simply put is just applying a heap of dots with a marker to the outside of an image. Start off heavy and fade out the intensity of the dots towards the edges.

The second card is a little bolder in Highland Heather. The scallop edge around the Unicorn was created by die cutting four strips and adhering to the back of the card front.


As mentioned above, I concentrated the majority of the colouring to the Unicorns hair. The body has had a light application of Smoky Slate to the edges and faded out using the colour lifter.

The sentiments in this set are so sweet and there are also two little embellishment stamps as well that work wonderfully.

That is all for me today. I hope you get time to get crafty and creative this weekend. Until next time, stay awesome and stay crafty


2 comments :

  1. Just so amazing and beautiful! Thanks for letting us know how you did the stipples around your images. I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out if it was a stamp in the catalog!
    --dtstampz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What STUNNING cards!!! I love your coloring on the first. The way you used the unicorn on the second is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx