SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 24 February 2017

Whats behind the tree - Slider Card

I have made several slider cards in the past and just love them - in fact I love all cards with moving parts, pop ups etc. When I woke this morning I saw the wonderful Jennifer McGuire Ink had posted a new tutorial on slider cards. I love her technique of hiding the track. I used the supplies that I had on hand - eg she has a fantastic grass Die which I don't have so I improvised.

 

So here's my prototype. This is how is looks before pulling the tab. The balloons are floating above the tree. If you look close enough you can see something poking out of the left hand side of the tree.

 

Oh look it's a brown truck! And the sentiment is starting to reveal itself.

 

I have used the Tasty Trucks stamp set and masked it to make it a flat bed truck. The sentiments are from the Up & Away Bundle, and the tree is die cut from the Thoughtful Branches bundle. A few balloons punched and stamped using the Balloon Celebration bundle and some bakers twine. 

Jennifer's work is amazing and her tutorials are so inspiring and informative. She inspires me to get into my crafty space so hope this post does the same for you. 

Happy Crafting xx

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx