SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 24 February 2017

Sew Some More

Before I put the ole girl (the sewing machine) away for proper this time, I just wanted to give these types of cards a quick whirl. Sewing Vellum over coloured punched shapes and then sewing the card front. 

 


So bright and bold and the concept has endless possibilities. 

 

The circles were punched from some scrap card stock in a variety of cheerful colours, then a layer of vellum cut slightly smaller than your card front goes directly over the top of the punched shapes and then sew around the edges - avoiding the circle punch outs. I used the Birthday sentiment & Pancake stamps from the Tasty Trucks Sale-a-bration set, cutting the circles and scalloped circle using the Layering Circles Framelits.

 

This card was made by folding a piece of velum in half (hence one edge did not require sewing). Next, I heat embossed the So Very Much "Thank You" stamp before filling with punched flowers. I then sewed three sides and adhered to cardbase using a sponge to apply Tombow.  Last but not least, I added a die cut butterfly from the Bold Butterfly Framelits, mainly to cover my wonky stitching in the corner, but thought it was a nice touch seeing the recipient is a female.

Hope I have inspired you to get your trusty sewing machine out and sew some cards.

Happy Crafting

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx