SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 29 November 2018

Just Add Ink #436 - Sketch - So Santa

Good Day Crafty Friends,

I hope you are having a great week. Mine has been a busy, jammed packed week. I feel like I haven't created anything papercrafty for months!! My craft space is slowly returning to normal, having lost 80% of my surfaces to curing soaps. The soaps have their own rack now and all my crafting surfaces are ready for my first box of Artisan goodies :)

Speaking of Stampin' Up! Artisans, I am so happy and excited to be sharing my year with two other members of the Just Add Ink team - Narelle Farrugia and Rochelle Blok - Congratulations, Ladies!!! It seems JAI is a creative hub and home for Stampin' Up! Artisans lol. Hope to see many more talented JAI Design Teams members be selected for this amazing opportunity.

This weeks Just Add Ink Challenge we have a fun sketch to inspire your creative juices. I love the simple layout and how the JAI DT members have all interpreted it differently.

No automatic alt text available.

My card uses a Christmas stamp set called So Santa. I just love the surfing santa and wanted to create a birthday card for a surfing friend, whose birthday is a few days after Christmas.

Stampin' Up!, Sheet Music Background Stamp, So Santa, Christmas Card, Surfing Santa, made by Jaxx Crafty Creations

I started with a Whisper White card base, to which I added a layer of Granny Apple Green card before adhering the stamped Music Sheet card front. 

A few extended die cut pieces in Black and Granny Apple Green were tilted before adhering with Tombow.

The Santa image has been coloured with Stampin' Blends and fussy cut before adhering to the whisper white circle with mini dimensionals.

A few detailed die cuts made using the Petal Palette Thinlits have been added under the circle and under Santa's feet.

Stampin' Up!, Sheet Music Background Stamp, So Santa, Christmas Card, Surfing Santa, made by Jaxx Crafty Creation

I also decorated one of the Bakers Boxes in the same colour combination - adding Silver Edged ribbon, silver bells and a sprig of faux pine.

The Bakers Boxes are just the sweetest and perfect for gifting small items, edibles and of course bars of soap!! I have snapped up a few packets for future use. My daughter recently made giant cookies for her University lecturers that were gifted using these boxes.

Stampin' Up!, Sheet Music Background Stamp, So Santa, Christmas Card, Surfing Santa, made by Jaxx Crafty Creation
Stampin' Up!, Sheet Music Background Stamp, So Santa, Christmas Card, Surfing Santa, made by Jaxx Crafty Creation
This facial soap bar has been handmade with love (by me) using the cold process method and has been curing for 4 weeks. It contains Shea Butter, White Australian Clay, Activated Charcoal and has a Coconut Cream scent. 

Stampin' Up!, Sheet Music Background Stamp, So Santa, Christmas Card, Surfing Santa, made by Jaxx Crafty Creation
I am so in love with the marble effect in the facial soap bar, it would look wonderful with the Marble Background stamp - which I don't own (dang it!!!)
Stampin' Up!, Sheet Music Background Stamp, So Santa, Christmas Card, Surfing Santa, made by Jaxx Crafty Creation

Be sure to stop by all the Just Add Ink Design Team members blogs for more inspiration with this weeks Just Add Texture challenge . We would love for you and your crafty friends to play along, if you have a blog you can add your card to the Just Add Ink gallery here. Don't have your own blog? No problem! Just send us an email to just-add-ink@hotmail.com with a photo attachment. We'll upload it to our challenge entry blog.

Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, stay awesome and stay crafty xx








Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx