SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 15 May 2018

Kelly's Stamping Friends - Birthday Blog Hop - Cosmetic Cards

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Welcome to the blog hop celebrating the gorgeous, lovely and talented Kelly Kent. Wahooo!!!! Happy Birthday Kelly!!!!  Hope you had a wonderful day doing what you love xxx

Hello, you are currently visiting Jackie Aitken in Western Australia. If you are following the hop, you may have arrived here having just visited my super amazing friend, Denita Wright-Smee. 

No automatic alt text available.

I created two cards to share with you today. These were a special request for friends of my daughter, who are all turning 18 this year.  She wanted something with a little wow factor but nothing with flowers!! That ruled out over three quarters of my stamp collection lol.  I decided to create two easel cards that had no stamping at all, die cut words have been used instead.

lift me up thinlits, stampin up, cosmetic cards, stitched shapes, sweet cake framlelits

The first is a Eye Shadow Palette Compact

stitched shapes framelits, happy birthday thinlit, stampin up

The card is a simple tri-fold that doubles as an easel card. Complete with eye shadows, applicator and mirror.

stitched shapes framelits, happy birthday thinlit, stampin up

As you open the card, two panels reveal a space to write a greeting and the Happy Birthday Thinlit.


 I also made an Atomiser Card using the Hot Air Balloon Die from the Up and Away Thinlits. This easel card has been based on a design by Bronwyn Eastley at AddINKtive Designs.



up and away thinlits, celebrate you thinlits, stampin up

The Atomiser folds flat for posting and has a message panel on the inside for a written greeting. I am currently in the process of making tutorials for these two designs. Ideally I would have liked to have had them available today....but life (sigh), so fingers crossed by the end of the week.


H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y   K E L L Y ! ! 
Thank You for organising another wonderful collection of talented demonstrators to share and inspire others.  Have a wonderful evening, gorgeous xx


There are two blog hops lists for Kelly's birthday blog hop. Be sure to check them both out for double the amount of inspiration.  Up next in this group of Blog Hoppers is Narelle Simm. Enjoy x


No automatic alt text available.

If you get lost at any stage on your hopping journey, check the bottom of each blog for a participant list - this will help you along your way.

Thanks for stopping by and hopping with us today, until next time - stay crafty



19 comments :

  1. Well I think you certainly came up with the "nothing with flowers" goods! These are ah-mazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one talented crafter, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning cards Jackie! Perfect for an 18th birthday celebration!! Love them both, clever lady xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of this world amazing, Jackie. The 'eyeshadows' are so unbelievably life-like, and your perfume atomiser card is divine! D xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, these are amazing! My soon to be teen daughter would love these. Such a winner with ladies young and old!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these!! My daughter had a similar themed 10th birthday party and I made her invites using make-up Punch art but these are just fab!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What awesome cards and amazing creativity. Your perfume bottle is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well this is thinking outside of the box at its best! Wonderful creations. Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Gosh this is such a pretty set Jackie I love it and everything you do!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Jackie, these two cards are so creative I think they're simply amazing, I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All kinds of amazing Jackie - your creativity knows no bounds! Thanks for sharing in my birthday celebrations! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My Goodness, this is spectacular! I love all the colours you've chosen and the glitter paper is inspired for the compact!! And the atomiser is so so so clever. So stunning and jaw droppingly fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really cool cards Jackie. I have a daughter turning 18 this year too. So hard to please. You have done an awesome job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW So very creative Jackie. I adore both of these so much, my 7 year old would be over the moon with the eyeshaddow card, made me giggle thinking of her reaction if she saw this. Amazing work xx.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowsers these are both wonderful, Jackie! So clever to use the balloons for a perfume bottle and your tri fold make up card I can see being a favourite for teens everywhere! Beautifully done as always! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm totally in awe of your talent. Just love these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you get the PDF made for these two cards? I have the idea of how to make the components of these two, but have no idea about your easel part of these cards! Wonderful ideas, by the way! I can be creative, just not in this way! I do hope you'll send me the PDF of these. I really want to CASE them! AWESOME ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx