SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 3 May 2018

Painted Glass with Bokeh Background

Good Day Crafty Friends,
Hope you are having a swell day. Its a gorgeous day here in my neck of the woods, although the temperature is just starting to shift, I cannot complain as its been a very mild Autumn. Fingers crossed the same applies to our Winter.
I wont take up much of your time, just wanted to share a recent make using the large image stamp from the Painted Glass set.

painted glass stamp set, bokeh technique, stampin up

I created a Bokeh background and then white embossed the circular image. To tone down the extremely vibrant background, I added a strip of vellum before adhering the cluster of elements in the right hand corner. I don't know what it is, but I always gravitate to that corner.
Do you complete the make and takes at Onstage on the day? I don't lol I stamp the required pieces and drag everything else home and recycle it!! I know, I am such a miser lol.
I have used the strip of Share What you Love Speciality DSP and new 1/4" Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon, from one of the make and takes to create this card. A stitched rectangle was added as a base for the cluster, created by extending the square Framelits. Also, a strip of Gold Foil, a Butterfly die cut and then the stamped butterfly image, also from Painted Glass.
I wanted to add some Gold Metallic Thread but couldn't find it! I know I pulled it out to thread some onto a bobbin and then well....I just don't know! It will show up.

bokeh technique, painted glass stamp set

Creating Bokeh Backgrounds

I always use Shimmery White Card Stock when using any sponging techniques.
Create a stencil with half a sheet of Acetate, using different sized circular shapes. I used both punches and die cuts.
Start by sponging your base colours, in circular motions - always circular. Start off the card on scratch paper and work your way onto the card stock. This prevents ink build up and noticeable sponge marks. Always build colour, meaning, start off light and add layers of colour. Never go in expecting the ink pad colour to be transposed onto the card with just one coating. It takes many layers.
Once you are satisfied with your background, let it dry. I tend to leave them overnight. If you don't wait, you will need a few sponges for the next stage, as the ink can transfer onto yours sponges. Take your stencil and sponge White Craft Ink. Alternate the circles and layers of white ink used. Be random and don't be afraid to overlap.
Hope you are inspired to give it a try.
Until next time, stay crafty








Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx