SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday 23 May 2018

Colour INKspiration #34

Good Day Crafty Friends,

Welcome to the Colour INKspiration Challenge #34 Blog Hop. You are currently visiting Jackie Aitken in Perth, Australia. If you are following the hop you may have arrived here having just visited the super talented Rose Packer.

We have a super stunning picture to inspire your creative juices for this challenge, which runs for three weeks. The challenge colours are: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight and Basic Grey.

I adore this picture, in particular, the gorgeous architecture and the perfectly preserved 1950's American vehicles on the streets of modern day Cuba.  The buildings are just delightful colours, I especially love all the Pastel tones. Wouldn't this be a fabulous street to live on.  I dibs the Pink building! Lol

Image may contain: outdoor

I decided to pull out a technique I haven't used in a while to create the "special effects" on this cards stamped images. I personally love the look this technique produces, especially on stamp sets I may have owned for a while that have been somewhat unloved or uninked recently.

I have stamped the small floral image from Petal Palette stamp set in Daffodil Delight, and the other images from Cake Soiree in Calypso Coral and Pool Party.

Then all I have done is simply take a black ink pen and draw in the details. I am by no means an artist and this is easier than it looks. Choose a starting point for contact and taper off your flicks. Think of veins and stamens that naturally exist on flowers and leaves and try to mimic those lines with strokes of the pen.

My top tip when using this technique is do all the drawing/doodling before you die cut/fussy cut the images. 

Here is a close up:


While I had the supplies out I decided to make an additional card with the Callenge colours. The second card is stepped up ever so slightly by adding a few die cut stitched shaped circles and some DSP (or in this case, cut up SAB Tutti Frutti card). Stitched Circle die cuts in Calypso Coral and Pool Party were tucked behind the panel of DSP. The Basic Grey strip was omitted and the decorative embellishments colours changed from So Saffron to Grapefruit Grove.


INKspired to join the challenge? It's so easy. Firstly, get some INKspiration by hopping around to see what all of the Colour INKspiration Crew have to show you. Then you have 12 days from today to make and upload your creation to the Facebook Colour INKspiration Group. You don't have to have a blog to participate but if you do you can link back to your post. Make sure you use all of the challenge colours. You can also use neutrals such as white, black, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake and Metallics. Not a member of the Facebook group yet? Just click here and ask to join Colour INKspiration, add the group to your favourites and share it with your crafty friends so they can join in the fun too. We can't wait to see what you create with these gorgeous colours.

Next up in the Blog Hop is one of our Guest Designers, Krissy Buck with her amazing creation. Be sure to hop all the way through, the Design Team and Guest Designers have shared some stunning projects, you may even see a few sneak peaks of new products that will be available 1st June.



Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate you and the time invested to visit my blog. Wishing you a wonderful day. Until next time, stay awesome









Looking for fancy fold card tutorials using all Stampin' Up! products, be sure to check out the Tutorial Shop at AddINKtive Designs - click on the image below to be taken to the Tutorial Shop.




10 comments :

  1. WOW! For a simple technique, it sure packs a punch - I look forward to giving this a go - you've made it look stunning! I love your card, all the clean space really makes these images pop and go WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing Jackie!!! I've never tried this technique - you make it look so easy but I'm sure I can't match a beautiful design like this! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! What a great technique! Your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly gorgeous, Jackie. I am in love with your creations, and I love your drawing detail. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Jackie. The black pen hass really made this pop espcially with all that clean space behind the colour. Love this so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally love this technique Jackie and one I just know I am going to have to try out very soon ... thank you for your amazing inspiration! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the little details that you have added to the stamps. Gorgeous card, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and technique. I looked up the Petal Pallet stamp set and only see one flower that matches your card. Where are the leaves and other flower from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What kind of pen did you use?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments xx