SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday 13 March 2017

Paisley and Posies

Have been a fan of Paisley since I was little. I have pictures of me as a wee nipper in the 70's dressed in Paisley. 

My dad had the most amazing Paisley shirt - wonderful cuffs, extravagant collar and loud bright colours.  My sister and I borrowed the shirt loads during the 90's for the popular at the time "hippy parties".  Also have the best photo of my dad and his sibling in their 20's, all in flares, my Dad proudly sporting this shirt. 

Plus, being a huge PRINCE admirer (RIP purple royal one) I adore Paisley, hope to visit Paisley Park in America one day. Definitely on the bucket list! So of course I had had had to get the Paisley and Posies Bundle from the Stampin Up 2016-17 Annual Catalogue.



The card above is a simple and elegant one using Whisper White & Slate Grey card stock. I used Slate Grey ink to stamp the pattern and heat embossed the sentiment in silver.  A couple of silver sequins and it's done.

Look at all the Dies that comes in this bundle!  Even without using stamps you can embellish like crazy.



My partner loves the Crumb Cake card stock so I whipped up this card for him using my favourite background card front technique. Sponging in a few colours then using the same colours, I stamp various images from sets like Gorgeous Grunge, Birthday Celebrations, Work of Art etc. Let this dry, then I heat emboss pattern stamps such as the Paisley and Posies over the top usually in Gold or Silver. 

 

Below is another example of my stamped backgrounds and Paisley and Posies stamp set, this time using just a strip of my stamped background. Blue tones and Silver Heat Embossing were used as I knew the card I wanted to put the strip on was going to be Smoky Slate.  The Wood Grain Embossing Folder was used for this card as was the Die from the Paisley & Posies Bundle. 

I heat embossed the sentiment from Blooms & Wishes in Silver on Vellum and adhered using a glue dot as I was placing the Die cut and ribbon over the top. Some silver rhinestone jewels and 3 glitter card stock flowers on the bottom of the card and it's done!

 

This was among one of the first projects I used the Paisley & Posies Bundle on. It's a Cantilever Sewing Box designed to hold cards and envelopes. I used gold heat embossing powder and Versamark on Pool Party card stock and cut some of the images using the Dies. I also used the Flower Dies from the Botanical Builders Framelits.

 

I have a tutorial for this box in another post a just look for Cantilever Sewing Box.

Hope my projects have inspired you to get into your crafty space and make some cards or 3D projects or both! 

Happy Crafting x


Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx