SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Birthday Blooms

Hello Crafty Friends.

I have a new favourite stamp set, which to be honest I didn't really gravitate to when the Annual Catalogue came out many moons ago. But as my desire to colour more has grown I am finding the stamps that require colouring in are on my favourites list at the moment.


The image on the card above has been stamped in Archival Black on Sahara Sand card stock and coloured using an Aqua Painter and White Craft Ink.  Many layers of white ink were applied to achieve the depth I wanted. The sentiment from the Tin of Cards was white heat embossed on black card stock and tucked in behind the stamped flower image before adhering to card front. a few accessories were added in the same colour scheme and adhered to a whisper white card base.
 



This card was the inspiration for one of my card swaps at the April Stampin 'Up! Convention. As the sequins are retired I did have to alter it slightly.
 
I started with a whisper white card base, added a layer of Island Indigo and then put aside while I worked on the flower. Using Shimmery white cardstock I stamped the large flower from Birthday Blooms with Archival Black and coloured using an Aqua Painter and Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder and Old Olive Inks.
 
On Whisper White the sentiment Best Wishes from Blooms and Wishes stamp set was stamped in the lower right corner before using the Layering Squares Framelits to cut a square in the centre. Using the next size up Square die and the larger scalloped edge die I cut a frame from Wisteria Wonder cardstock and adhered using Tombow. The Whisper White cardstock was then adhered to the Island Indigo card front with foam strips and then the flower attached using Tombow and Dimensionals.
 
I am off to create ten of these beauties to swap with other crafty Stampin' Up! Demo's. Back soon with a few more cards using this stamp set. Until then,
Happy Crafting x
 

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx