SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday 16 March 2017

Bokeh Effect

One of the sponging effects I adore for soft backgrounds is the Bokeh technique.

 

Aren't they just stunning! They are reasonably easy to make - just a little inky.  Just take some white card stock, sponge randomly in a few chosen colours, then using different sized circle stencils sponge in white. I didn't have a stencil so just cut a few different sized circles using Dies and Punches on Cardstock and used that as my stencil.


I used Daffodil Delight, Pool Party and Marina Mist Inks and sponged randomly before applying White Craft Ink using the circle stencil. The Mediterranean Moments stamp was inked in Black Archival and coloured using the Water Colour Pencils. The Happy Birthday sentiment was heat embossed in white. Black Card Stock was used to matt before adhering to Pool Party card front.

 

When sponging I often use the same three colours - Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo. They blend well together and is a bright and impactful colour scheme.  The card below is an example of this colour combo.

 

Pineapples!! I love them! Raw and on Pizza!! When I lived in Queensland we drove a Motorhome from the Sunshine Coast upto Airlie Beach and saw many Pineapple Planations, Banana Fields and Sugar Cane Crops. The Pineapples were the sweetest, freshest and cheapest I have had the pleasure of experiencing. Whenever I see Pineapples it reminds me of this fun trip and the memories.

 

Using the same technique - laying colours down with sponges then applying circles in White Craft Ink, I then just placed it directly onto a black card front, heat embossed the sentiment in white and attached the die cut Tee using a dimensional. The Tee was made using the Custom Tee Bundle and the Pineapple from the Pop of Paradise stamp set. 

Hope my cards have inspired you to get into your crafty space and try the Bokeh effect on some of your card fronts. 

Happy Crafting xx

2 comments :

  1. These are so lovely! Your blog is beautiful and your cards are so inspiring!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for your lovely comment. I have just followed your blog and seen your cards and take your comment as a huge compliment!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments xx