SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 4 March 2017

Shutter Card

I was on a roll today and made quite a few moving parts cards. I hadn't made a shutter card in quite a while and found it fun and the easy compared to the other cards I was attempting in today's  mad crafting session.



I wanted to make a card using the sentiment "Happy Birthday, Gorgeous" from the Beautiful You stamp set.
 
What better way to highlight a sentiment than to make a Shutter Card.

 
 
Tutorials for this type of card are all over the internet and it would be far easier you follow a video tutorial than me try to explain it with photos.

 

I have used the following card stock: Black for the base, camera mechanism and inside panel. Whisper White to matt the front and inside panels before adhering DSP - From the Carried Away DSP in the Sale-a-bration catalogue. Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride and Cucumber Crush for the Botanical Blooms Die cuts.

The "for you" sentiment is from the Blooms & Wishes stamp set.

My daughter is not normally fussed by any of my creations but she loved this one. She played with it for quite a while and even showed a friend on snap chat lol So there you go, this one was popular with the Teens.

Hope I've inspired you to get into your crafty space and create something you love. 

Happy Crafting xx

 



Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx