SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday 18 March 2017

Joseph's Coat Technique

Another one of my favourite sponging techniques that has such an awesome wow factor is the Joseph's Coat Technique.

 

It's not overly apparent to the non card maker how this effect is achieved as it just looks like black card stock with some coloured shapes attached. But as a card maker I find the process from start to finish is absolutely amazing.

If you haven't tried this technique you must give it a go at least once, it's not overly technical, its just sponging and heat Embossing. 

You start by randomly sponging an array of colours on white card stock. Then using CLEAR embossing powder heat emboss some images - I used the Balloons and Clouds from the Lift Me Up Stamp Set. 

At this stage it's difficult to see where you have embossed but when you are satisfied you have enough on your card front, take your Momento Ink Pad and apply it directly over the entire card (yes put ink pad flat on the card and smear or drag). Make sure you have scrap paper down as you will need to start off the card with ink pad flat down so you get the edges.  I glided it over a few times ensuring I got full coverage. Then take a rag or paper towel and rub the excess ink from the heat embossed images. Viola! 

 

For this card I used Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Bermuda Bay and Peakaboo Peach for the sponging underneath. I also used a die cut balloon embossed in silver and the sentiment from the Bookcase Builder Stamp Set. As I made a bit of a boo-boo I chopped it off and then mounted this to a piece of Flirty Flamingo card stock before adhering to the Black Card Base.

 

This card I stepped up a tad and added another layering of heat Embossing - this time in white, so its double embossed. All I did was once I had finished the steps to complete the Joseph's Coat Technique was add the three sentiments from the Sealed with Love Bundle by heat embossing in white. 

 

I put a white card stock matt behind it and heat embossed the sentiment in white on the Black card base. 

Every time I do this technique I think gosh why have I not done this on such n such, this would look great with so n so stamp set, and away I go - may need to reink my Momento Ink Pad again soon lol

Hope my cards have inspired you to get into your craft my space and try the Joseph's Coat Technique or any technique you haven't attempted in a while. 

Happy Crafting xx

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx