SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Shabby Chick Birthday Blooms

Giddaye and Welcome to my blog. Today I have a card to share that is something I would not normally create. I was asked by the Teen for a Shabby Chick Card - with little notice, my first attempt at any such theme and totally outside my comfort zone!!
 
With 30 minutes warning I was able to quickly whip together this card using some scrap pieces of card stock.
 
I started with a card base in Sahara Sand. The next layer is whisper white which I stamped using the Timeless Textures and Gorgeous Grunge Stamp sets in Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand and Pool Party inks.  Next I grabbed my box of scraps and pulled the three pieces of card stock to coordinate with the ink colours I had used. Using a pair of scissors I scraped the edges of the cardstock before using a sponge to apply Sahara Sand to the distressed edges.





The Birthday Blooms image was stamped using Archival Black on Sahara Sand card stock, and coloured using an Aqua Painter and Crumb Cake ink.
 
I adhered the Pink and Blue distressed card stock to the whisper white and then added a Detailed Doily before adding the stamped Birthday Blooms image.
 
Using the natural Bakers Twine I tied a bow and then added a bead to the bow ends before attaching behind the whisper white card stock. Added a few pearls to match the beads and time was up! Teen was ready to leave house and barely had time to write a message inside lol
 
Wish I had more time to create something more 'shabby chickish' but as this was my first attempt and considering the time constraint I didn't think I did too badly if I do say so myself. This is definitely a style I will endeavour to attempt more of in the future - perhaps researching ideas on Pinterest first.
 
Hope I have inspired you to get into your craft space and try a style of card that is outside your norm. Until next time, Happy Crafting x

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments xx